full time employee
| Posted April 21, 2021
Locations: Clarksville, TN; Hopkinsville, KY; and Murray, KY
As a Governmental Account Assistant, he or she would assist in preparing accurate State and Federal Contract pricing for quote requests and bid solicitations. Formalizer themselves with Procurement Laws, Regulations, and Policies at the Federal, State, Local, and County level. Internalize directed marketing mailers to specific market segments with respect to product categories. Utilize Hutson’s Customer Relationship Manager to accurately report and capture data to maintain and build relationships. Monitor inbound and outbound inventory for Governmental Sales while working with the Governmental Account Mangers. Willingness to travel and represent Hutson during conferences, in-person meetings, and trainings.
- Understanding Build & Price to accurately quote equipment on the State and Federal Contracts that Deere and Company have been awarded per State.
- Maintaining current regulatory interaction with procurement regulations per state of operation and interaction.
- Generating direct targeting mailers to specific customer market segments to advertise the Hutson brand and product line availability.
- Attending conferences in-person to educate Judges, Commissioners, and Finance Administrators on the buying process.
- Budget forecasting on equipment renewals at the Federal, State, Local, and County Level.
- Managing the rental fleet in the Indiana, Illinois, and Tennessee markets.
- Creating Highspot pitches to potential customers.
- Perform calculations on the John Deere Financial Calculator.
- Respond to bid packets, solicitations, or state-wide contracts (Tennessee).
- Delegate trucking of equipment.
- Processing paperwork and completing tasks in current business systems.
- Cultivating business relationships with specific targeted segment groups.
- Create territory through John Deere’s Strategic Accounts Business Division.
Experience, Education and Skills
- 0-2 or more years of equipment sales or related experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance/accounting, or agricultural-related discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of John Deere and competitive equipment preferred.
- Business, financial, and logistical management knowledge preferred.
- 1-2 years-experience in procurement and/or contract negotiation preferred.
- Ability to use software applications such as Microsoft Office and internet functions.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Excellent customer relationship skills.
Essential Eligibility Requirements
Essential Job Requirements
General Physical Requirements
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Stooping, Kneeling, Crouching, Stooping, Kneeling, Crouching, Reaching, Standing, Walking, Lifting, Fingering, Grasping, Feeling, Talking, Hearing, and Repetitive Motions.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; expansive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts and/or operation of machines (includes inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly of fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
- None: The worker is not substantial exposed to adverse environmental conditions.