This individual will provide customers with the pickup and delivery services they need on their turf equipment. They will also assist the customer with any training they may need to use the equipment or answer any questions they may have about the equipment. They may also transfer equipment from one store location to another.
- Instruct the customer on the use of the equipment being delivered and accurately answer any questions the customer may have.
- Properly load and unload the equipment.
- Keep track of all trucks and trailers being used for delivery and check to ensure they are functioning properly.
- Properly secure the equipment for travel to ensure safety.
- Follow all instructions for pick up, transport and delivery of utility and small equipment for the dealership or to/from customers of the dealership.
- Account for all distance traveled in performing assigned duties.
- Keep records of pickup and deliveries and obtain necessary signatures and receipts as requested by supervisors (and may be necessary to complete accounting documentation for sales).
- Maintain vehicle in a safe operating condition. Advise supervisor or manager of necessary repairs.
- Obtain appropriate permits pertaining to job duty.
- Pick up and/or deliver equipment to the customer or a store location.
- Contact the customer to schedule the date, location, and time of the delivery.
- Records all the required and necessary customer information.
- Occasionally fills in or helps the service department when needed.
- Assists with repairs in the shop when needed.
- Organizing and rearranging of the equipment on the lot.
- Cleaning or tidying of tools and equipment in the shop area.
- Support management in the pursuit of corporate policies, plans, goals, and long-term objectives.
- Foster a great place to work environment, encouraging accountability, open communication, teamwork, and a commitment to serving the customer.
Experience, Education and Skills
- 0-2 years of delivery experience is preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required.
- Excellent verbal communication.
- Ability to read maps and navigate the region you are delivering in efficiently.
- Able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to communicate effectively with customers and coworkers.
- An ability to function well as part of a team.
- Diligent attention to detail.
- Diligent attention to safety.
- Ability to operate and instruct the customer on the basic functions of the equipment being delivered.
- Customer service skills to answer any questions the customer may have about the equipment.
Essential Eligibility Requirements
- Valid Driver’s License
- Forklift Certification
- Medical Certification Card
Essential Job Requirements
General Physical Requirements
- Heavy work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 50 pounds frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Climbing, Balancing, Stooping, Kneeling, Crouching, Reaching, Standing, Walking, Lifting, Fingering, Grasping, Feeling, Talking, Hearing, Repetitive Motions, Crawling, Pushing, and Pulling.
- The worker is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, thoroughness of work assigned or to make general observations of facilities or structures.
- The worker is required to have visual acuity to operate motor vehicles or heavy equipment.
- The worker is subject to both environmental conditions: Activities occur inside and outside.
- The worker is subject to hazards: Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or to chemicals.