The Accounting Specialist with emphasis in inventory will ensure inventory is properly accounted for within lot location, customer and salesman information, and equipment status and machine details.
- Serve as primary contact for external and internal wholegood inventory audits
- Maintain inventory accuracy performance reporting, root cause analysis and process improvement progress
- Monitor and audit wholegood movements through exception reporting
- Enters data into various accounting systems or accounts including the general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and inventory.
- Prepares various financial reports.
- Reconciles various accounts which includes identifying discrepancies and determining corrective action.
- Verifies accuracy of information used in select accounting transactions such as researching incorrect information, determining the proper accounting treatment, and recommending corrections to the transaction originator.
- Track and invoice rental agreements
- Reconcile dealer inventory tracking (DIT) daily event report.
- Analyzes and processes documents after examining for completeness and accuracy
- Communicates with others in the organization to answer accounting questions or resolve issues.
- Assists other co-workers with related tasks as necessary.
- Support management in the pursuit of corporate policies, plans, goals, and long-term objectives.
- Foster a great place to work environment, encouraging accountability, open communication, teamwork, and a commitment to serving the customer.
- Participate in all business and/or department activities related to ensuring the customer experience is positive.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook.
- Conduct self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image of Hutson Inc.
Experience, Education and Skills
- 3-5 years of similar experience.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required.
- Understands accounting fundamentals such as debits, credits, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and budgets.
- Ability to use standard desktop load applications such as Microsoft Office and internet functions.
- Ability to use various computer programs specific to the position.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- High level of ethical standards and professionalism.
- Organization skills and the ability to multitask projects.
- Ability to solve practical problems and draw valid conclusions.
- Strong mathematical skills are essential.
Essential Job Requirements
General Physical Requirements
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Climbing, Balancing, Kneeling, Lifting, Crouching, Crawling, Reaching, Fingering, Grasping, Feeling, Talking, Hearing, and Repetitive Motions.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; expansive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts and/or operation of machines (includes inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly of fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
- None: The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.