Manages service operations within the dealership to maximize return on investment through; optimizing Service Department processes to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction, growing profitable service labor sales, exercising disciplined expense control, attracting and retaining outstanding talent and effectively engaging department personnel.
- Onboarding and job trainer for all service technicians.
- Onboarding trainer for all service clerks.
- Develops and maintains effective Service Department processes to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Executes Service Department marketing plan and monitor monthly to ensure achievement of departmental goals.
- Takes the lead in sharing best practices and implementing common processes throughout the Service Department.
- Coordinates customer clinics, field days and related, promotional events.
- Submits all service warranty and Product Improvement Program claims within the required time frame to receive maximum credit if Warranty Admin is unavailable.
- Develops and retains key talent by maintaining individual development plans.
- Reviews work orders for completeness and accuracy prior to customer billing
- Ensures all departmental tools, equipment, and vehicles are in good working order
- Support management in the pursuit of corporate policies, plans, goals, and long-term objectives.
Experience, Education and Skills
- 5-10 years of management experience is required.
- Mechanical/hydraulic, or electrical work experience would be beneficial.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required.
- Ability to lead others effectively.
- Ability to use standard desktop load applications such as Microsoft Office and internet functions.
- Ability to speak effectively one-on-one and within a group.
- Basic understanding of financial principles relative to Service Department operations.
- Familiar with John Deere and competitive products.
- Ability to analyze and interpret internal reports.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to think strategically and solve problems.
- Verbal and nonverbal communication skills.
Essential Eligibility Requirements
- FA/CPR Certification
- Valid Driver’s License
Essential Job Requirements
General Physical Requirements
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Kneeling, Crouching, Reaching, Lifting, Fingering, Grasping, Feeling, Talking, Hearing, and Repetitive Motions.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; expansive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts and/or operation of machines (includes inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly of fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
- The worker is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, thoroughness of work assigned or to make general observations of facilities or structures.
- The worker is subject to both environmental conditions: Activities occur inside and outside.
- The worker is subject to hazards: Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or to chemicals.
- The worker is subject to oils: There is air and/or skin exposure to oils and other cutting fluids.
To apply, forward a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org visit our website, www.hutsoninc.com.