full time employee
| Posted March 09, 2020
Locations: Evansville, IN; Newberry, IN; and Jasper, IN
This role has two primary functions, to educate customers and be a precision consultant to Hutson. As a Product Support Specialist II, your daily activity revolves around taking care of the precision needs in your area of responsibility. This means communicating with customers, shop managers and CAM’s to educate and help find solutions.
- Complete Green Star setups for equipment in your area.
- Aiding in the decision-making process of clients for decision related to precision agriculture.
- Complete Precision Farming Packages with customers and communicate with CAMs.
- Be prepared to be a leader of interactive clinics that push growers to use critical thinking.
- Manage all demos of large ag equipment in your area and the success of demonstration in the field with the customer.
- Help troubleshoot RTK issues with towers.
- Support management in the pursuit of corporate policies, plans, goals, and long-term objectives.
- Foster a great work environment, encouraging accountability, open communication, teamwork, and a commitment to serving the customer.
- Participate in all business and/or department activities ensuring a positive customer experience.
- You may be asked to support the Ag Data Works team with agronomic services during the busy season (training will be provided).
- Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook.
- Conduct self in the presence of customers and community to present a professional image of Hutson Inc.
- Proactively seek and participate in available company-sponsored training to develop and advance knowledge base and skill set.
Experience, Education and Skills
- 4-6 years of agricultural technician or related precision experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or completion of John Deere Ag Tech program.
- Ability to operate large ag equipment.
- Excellent computer competency, patience for technology, and willingness to be part of a team effort and solution.
- Basic knowledge of farming practices and must be innovative in thinking.
- Understanding of basic GIS techniques, planter functions, fertilizer usage, pest control
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
Essential Eligibility Requirements
Essential Job Requirements
General Physical Requirements
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Reaching, Lifting, Fingering, Grasping, Feeling, Talking, Hearing, and Repetitive Motions
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; expansive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts and/or operation of machines (includes inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly of fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
- The worker is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, thoroughness of work assigned or to make general observations of facilities or structures.
- The worker is required to have visual acuity to operate motor vehicles or heavy equipment.
- None: The worker is not substantial exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
To apply, forward a resume to email@example.com or visit our website, www.hutsoninc.com