Title: Service Technician - Agriculture Equipment
Type: full time employee
Location: Morganfield, KY
This individual will travel to perform advanced diagnostics, service repairs and maintenance work on customer and/or dealer-owned large agricultural equipment. The Advanced Service Technician-Road is categorized as such because he/she has learned an advanced skill set and has grown into a successful and competent technician. Their purpose is to continue learning the business and gain the knowledge and experience necessary to work within the framework of the Hutson Service Business Model. The Advanced Service Technician-Road will also serve as a mentor to the General Service Technicians 1 and 2.
- Performs advanced diagnostics and repairs on agricultural and turf equipment and established Ag Management Solutions (AMS) products.
- Participates in Service EDUCATE Training programs required for the development of skills and knowledge.
- Maintains current knowledge of John Deere and competitive products.
- Maintains condition of vehicles, inventory, tools and equipment.
- Maintains a clean work area and performs work in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Completes all reports and forms required in conjunction with work assignments.
- Accounts for all time on a time card and for all material used in performing assigned duties.
- Support management in the pursuit of corporate policies, plans, goals, and long-term objectives.
Experience, Education and Skills
- Greater than 4 years of experience is required and JDU Advanced Certificate earned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience required; Associates degree preferred.
- Ability to perform basic repairs and required maintenance using special tools and equipment following Technical Manual procedures.
- Proficient knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems used in the repair of agricultural and turf equipment.
- Ability to use Service Advisor and basic computer functions.
- Ability to operate vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes.
- Ability to work individually or with a team.
- Detail oriented.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills.
Essential Eligibility Requirements
- Must have a Valid Driver’s License and maintain a clean driving record.
- Forklift Certification
- Respirator Certification
Essential Job Requirements
General Physical Requirements
- Heavy work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 50 pounds frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- The worker is subject to both environmental conditions: Activities occur inside and outside.
- The worker is subject to hazards: Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or to chemicals.
- The worker is subject to atmospheric conditions: One or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system of the skin: Fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases or poor ventilation.
- The worker is subject to oils: There is air and/or skin exposure to oils and other cutting fluids.
- The worker is subject to extreme heat: Temperatures above 100 degrees for periods of more than one hour.
To apply, forward a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website, www.hutsoninc.com