Assist the service manager or Shop Foreman in maintaining accurate and on-time reports and records relative to the service department’s operation within the dealership.
- Manages billing cycle days to the target number.
- Manages WIP by Technicians and maintains targeted metrics with direction from the Service Manager.
- Supports technicians with notes on work orders.
- Manages customer calls and creates work orders to be assigned.
- Supports a regional call support and dispatch to help the customer experience.
- Follows up with customers on equipment involving shop or part delays.
- Ensures payroll is up to date.
- Post Technician time to Work Orders.
- Report Service Department time to Payroll.
- This person is in charge of opening, reviewing, and closing all work orders.
- Create quote from existing SPG/MST library.
- Answer all Service Department directed calls.
- Address/engage all Service Department customers.
- Collection of payment upon completion on job(s).
- Interaction with John Deere personnel.
- Send internal quote for trade-in equipment.
- Maintains Service Department filing and records.
- Updates customer profiles using equipment, hours, or other information from the work order(s).
- Support management in the pursuit of corporate policies, plans, goals, and long-term objectives.
- Foster a great place to work environment, encouraging accountability, open communication, teamwork, and a commitment to serving the customer.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook.
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
- Ensure that company’s reputation and image in the community is consistent with Hutson Inc. Core Values.
- 2-3 years of experience as a service/warranty clerk is preferred.
- Administrative, data entry, or office setting experience would be beneficial.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required.
- Basic knowledge of accounting practices.
- Ability to use standard desktop load applications such as Microsoft Office and Internet functions.
- Knowledge of office procedures.
- General understanding of mechanical/technical terms is preferred.
- Knowledge of equipment models or numbers.
- Basic knowledge of how pieces of machinery function or what they are intended to do.
- Competitive wage paid bi-weekly
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Healthcare (medical, dental, vision)
- Company-paid term life insurance plus Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with company match
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- Uniform allowance
- Employee referral bonus
- Employee discounts
- Dependent Care Assistance Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program
- On-the-job training & skills development
Requisition ID #2452 posted January 13, 2023
About Hutson, Inc.
Hutson has seen plenty of changes since its founding back in 1928, but one thing still remains the same: our commitment to our customers and employees. From our very first location in Mayfield, KY to our 31 locations in Kentucky, Tennessee, Indiana, and Michigan, we have focused on meeting the needs of our customers and co-workers through integrity and innovation.
Ultimately companies are really about their people; committed, talented, passionate people, who want to be challenged, who want to do something meaningful, realize their full potential, make a positive impact in their communities, and have fun doing it. That’s exactly what Hutson Inc is about. Our people are passionate individuals who get involved and make a difference in the lives of our customers and our communities every day. We stand for putting our customers first, treating people with respect, and thinking creatively to solve problems and we are excited to welcome you to our team.Learn more about Hutson
Apply for this position
Interested in this position? Fill out an application using the link below! If you have any questions, reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply now
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Hutson Inc. will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Hutson Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, retaliation or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Hutson Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Hutson Inc. will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.