This individual is responsible for overseeing the day to day selling, receipting, and delivery of parts and accessories. They are also responsible for ensuring that all processes and procedures are optimized and performed on a daily basis. They manage parts operations within the dealership to provide the highest level of external and internal customer satisfaction while maximizing return on investment through parts sales, inventory control, and expense control. Parts Managers attract, retain, and effectively engage department personnel.
• Onboarding and job trainer for all parts counter workers.
• Promotes and sells products to meet customer needs and ensures internal and external customer satisfaction.
• Verifies receipting in of shipments via, stock order, machine down, and transfer parts and matches to proper invoices.
• Ensures all invoices are promptly sent to the Accounting Department.
• Assists in maintaining department tools, equipment, and vehicles are in working order.
• Assists in keeping parts department clean and orderly using the 5S process
• Works with Corporate Parts Manager to ensure proper staffing for both regular and after hours needs.
• Ensure all cores, warranty parts, scrap, and surplus returns are sent back to the proper vendor or disposed of properly(s).
• Works with Corporate Parts Manager with merchandising show room displays
• Works with Corporate Parts Manager to ensure perpetual and physical inventories are completed.
• Ensures Hutson Parts Department checklist is followed on a daily basis.
Experience, Education, and Skills:
• High School Diploma or Equivalent Experience is required.
• At least 3 years of retail management experience is preferred.
• Experience leading others.
• Ability to use standard desktop load applications such as Microsoft Office and internet functions.
• Ability to answer questions about parts the customer might have.
• Understanding of mechanical and technical terms.
• Knowledge of parts operating systems preferred.
• Interpersonal skills are needed when dealing with customers and co-workers.
• Should be service oriented and always be willing to assist the customer.
• Strong leadership skills are required to offer direction or opinions when needed.
• Ability to write and speak effectively to individuals and groups.
• Basic understanding of financial principles relative to Parts Department operations.
• Ability to analyze and interpret internal reports.
• Ability to work extended hours and weekends.
Essential Eligibility Requirements:
• Valid Driver’s License
• FA/CPR Certification
Essential Job Requirements:
1. General Physical Requirements:
• Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
2. Physical Activities:
• Climbing, Balancing, Stooping, Kneeling, Crouching, Reaching, Standing, Walking, Lifting, Fingering, Grasping, Feeling, Talking, Hearing, and Repetitive Motions.
3. Visual Acuity:
• The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; expansive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts and/or operation of machines (includes inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly of fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
• The worker is required to have visual acuity to operate motor vehicles or heavy equipment.
4. Working Conditions:
• None: The worker is not substantial exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
To apply, forward a resume to email@example.com or visit our website, www.hutsoninc.com.