John Deere Ag Tech Student
***This role for a candidate that is planning to attend a Certified John Deere Ag Tech Program at a participating College. This is a 2-year Associates Degree Program***
This individual will assist service technicians in basic service tasks while learning job skills that will benefit them in future technician positions. As this individual gains knowledge they will also become more familiar with the equipment, tools, and parts that they will come in contact with on a daily basis.
- Learn and perform basic service tasks assigned by service manager or service advisor.
- Assist service technicians on the job with various tasks for training purposes.
- Participate in scheduled training and on-site training to complete hours needed to graduate from Ag Tech program.
- Complete all necessary forms needed by the supervisor.
- Maintains current knowledge of John Deere and competitive products.
- Maintains condition of vehicles, inventory, tools and equipment.
- Maintains a clean work area and performs work in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Support management in the pursuit of corporate policies, plans, goals, and long-term objectives.
Experience, Education and Skills
- 2 or more years of experience working on a farm, operating or servicing equipment is preferred.
- High School Diploma, Ag Technician or Industrial training.
- Ability to perform basic repairs and required maintenance using special tools and equipment following Technical Manual procedures.
- Basic knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems used in the repair of agricultural and turf equipment.
- Ability to perform basic computer functions.
- Ability to operate vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes.
- Proficient written communication skills.
- Ability to understand instructions and communicate effectively.
- Ability to learn by both observing and hands on training.
- Detail oriented, ability to complete a job thoroughly and completely.
- Basic computer skills and internet function ability.
- Both a sequential and analytical thinker.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively as part of a team.
Essential Eligibility Requirements
- Valid Driver’s License
Essential Job Requirements
General Physical Requirements
- Heavy work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 50 pounds frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- The worker is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, thoroughness of work assigned or to make general observations of facilities or structures.
- The worker is required to have visual acuity to operate motor vehicles or heavy equipment.
- The worker is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as: operating machines such as lathes, drill presses, power saws and mills where the seeing job is at or within arm’s reach; performing mechanical or skilled trade tasks of a non-repetitive nature.
- The worker is subject to both environmental conditions: Activities occur inside and outside.
- The worker is subject to hazards: Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or to chemicals.
- The worker is subject to atmospheric conditions: One or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system of the skin: Fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases or poor ventilation.
- The worker is subject to oils: There is air and/or skin exposure to oils and other cutting fluids.
To apply, forward a resume to email@example.com or visit our website, www.hutsoninc.com.